Saturday 17 May 2014

Cannock Chase 17th May 2014

After lots of interest I ended up on my lonesome this weekend. Never mind, a peaceful weekend and still a chance to ride Cannock Chase for the first time.


I found a cheap motel on a farm about 7 miles away, surrounded by the usual farm animals, cows, camels and alpaca's.




Cannock was fun, unfortunately a few trails were closed but I did all I could of Follow the Dog and the Monkey Trail.

I seemed to spend the whole route with several groups of riders, passing each other at various points. Some on hard tails who were quick up hill and slower down and some on long travel full suspension bikes who were slow up and fast down.

I spent the day feeling like I was going backwards, but if I was then so were most of the others, at least I didn't have to pull over to let anyone pass on the downhill sections.

I avoided the black sections of the trail and didn't do the bike park area, too far from home and no one to carry me back to the car in the event of a crash.


Enjoyed the trails, it was busy though, despite the 8.30am start, not sure if I will ride it again in the morning or see if I can find somewhere else to ride on the route home.

Forestry Commission Site




140517 Cannock Chase.mp4 from mark holttum on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment