Friday 25 April 2014

Swinley 24th April 2014

I had been intending on heading either to the Quantocks or to Wales, but I felt pretty beat up after Tuesday's crash, so opted for Swinley instead.

It was great to get there late morning and still have quiet trails, other than a big group of people who were stopped talking and then set off just as I was approaching them. I assume this was for the benefit of the front riders, but as you can see from the video it made me feel super fast as I overtook 5 people on one section of trail.

Pretty much all of the trails are open now and most of them in good condition, apart from Red 5 (I think), the one at the end of the straight fireroad with the telegraph / power cable poles, that one is rutted to buggery and is hard to keep a decent flow.

I decided to go for a post ride sandwich at the cafe. The sandwich was good, but the coffee was appalling.



140424 swinley.mp4 from mark holttum on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment